Christ Fellowship Elder Timothy Program
Purpose: to help develop emerging young leaders to be future elders, pastors or missionaries by exposing them to the working of our elder team for one year.
Target: young men who have potential for significant future leadership.
- not a new convert
- basic discipleship in place, established as a believer
- giving to the church
- serving in the church bearing leadership responsibilities
- in a LifeGroup
- endorsed, sponsored by a current elder
- been in Christ Fellowship for at least 12 months
- potential for future eldership or similar leadership
- moving toward qualifications of an elder, no large gaps
- not a Christ Fellowship elder candidate in the next 3 years.
- be a person of high confidentiality
- if married, have full support of spouse
- able to fully participate for most of the year
- meet with the elders in all regular meetings for 12 months
- occasionally excuse self for sensitive issues such as personnel matters
- meet with our elder life group for 12 months
- attend elder retreat (2-3 days)
- meet one on one with each elder twice to talk personally about the role of an elder and gain their input for personal growth (1 per month) at your initiation.
- read Gene Getz’ book, Elders and Leaders, and study all New Testament passages on leadership; discuss these with the elders in a special summer meeting.
- write a pre-experience report on what you hope to gain; write a report at the end on what God has taught you in 12 months and giving input on how to improve the Timothy experience; share each with the elders.
- Start in July or January.
- No more than two at a time, or so elders and “timothys” are at most 10.