Promiseland on Sunday Mornings
Church for Children
Our children’s programs are offered at both services on Sundays; 9:30 and 11:15 am. Sunday school is offered for children newborn through 5th grade.
We want your children to experience the Person and Character of Jesus Christ. To do that, we use carefully developed curriculum for all ages, 2 year-olds through fifth grade. Your children will experience Christ through stories, crafts, song and group experiences designed to introduce them to our Savior. Expect a lot fun and learning!
Use our Take Home Sheets for 1st-4th graders to further imprint God’s words in your kids hearts throughout the week.
Safety is a top priority every day of the week in Promiseland. Our teachers and all volunteers undergo a background check and training. They also have a heart for serving children. Check-in/out procedures are enforced in every setting.
Nursery is provided for children 0-23 months. Volunteers provide a safe, nurturing environment for infants – 23 months for these children while their caretaker attends services.
Young children love lots of hands-on activities. They don’t like to sit still very long, and they sometimes experience a little separation anxiety. Our Pre-elementary teachers and helpers are there to make sure that Sunday mornings are fun and stress-free, with music and age-appropriate crafts and activities. You’re never too little to learn about Jesus. Classes are kept small to ensure lots of care and attention.
Our curriculum for two year olds teaches the basic understanding of God. Our lessons included Creation, Noah’s Ark, and how to be a friend to Jesus. We incorporate music and crafts to enhance the curriculum.
Threes, Fours and Fives
These formative ages of childhood are important. The world is a big place with so much to do and see. Let coming to church be a regular part of life’s great adventure. We believe church can be one of your child’s favorite places and we strive to make it so! Children have an appetite for learning, and our fun curriculum will have them doing just that. Class sizes are small enough for everyone to get the attention they need.
- The Gospel Light curriculum includes fun activity centers, arts and crafts, Bible story time and group time. We encourage our parents to continue our weekly lessons at home by providing a take home page featuring the Bible story and memory verse; these are available each semester. Each week color sheets are handed out; these feature discussion questions for you to review with your children.
- The weekly craft is designed to help the children apply the Bible story to something tangible they can take home to share with their parents.
- We have a music team that rotates to the classrooms and presents an interactive time of music worship for the children.
- A snack and water will be provided during all three services. We are a peanut free environment and serve only animal crackers, cheerios and pretzels. Allergy Alert stickers are available for your child.
Kindergarten through 4th Grade
Children meet in a large group for music and teaching and then break into smaller groups where small group leaders guide them through a more focused exploration of God’s Word. This group has so much fun they never want to leave!
Before kids leave 4th grade, we want them to understand three basic truths:
- Wisdom | I need to make the wise choice.
- Faith | I can trust God no matter what.
- Friendship | I should treat others the way I want to be treated.
“Danger Ahead” is the overall message of the Yukon, Ho! curriculum, a danger surmounted only by Christ. When children enter the teen years, they face issues that threaten their Christian values. Those challenges require decisions that can affect the rest of their lives. The Yukon, Ho! curriculum provides a stage for students to make these life decisions based on scriptural principles and to think through situations before they encounter them.
We welcome your special needs child, and have caring volunteers who will ensure your child gets the most out of coming to church, in a safe, loving environment. A class is offered at 9:30 am every Sunday.
Our Special Needs class is led by a staff of dedicated and caring volunteers whose mission is to embrace children and youth with special needs as well as their families, by providing them with a loving, safe, Christ-centered environment. Children are surrounded and cared for by a staff that is committed, not just to serving them, but to teaching, equipping and empowering them to become fully devoted followers of Christ and vital members of the church body.
Giving in Promiseland
100% of Promiseland offerings go to Wells of Joy School (a land/school/orphanage project in Uganda). Your child receives the privilege of helping other children find and follow Christ!
We are looking forward to seeing you this Sunday. It’s our great privilege to share the journey with you in helping your children follow Christ.