We’ve all been watching in shock and horror as Hurricane Harvey continues to churn over south Texas, resulting in unprecedented flooding and loss of life. We’ve received many calls and emails from across the Christ Fellowship family, looking for ways to jump in and serve. We strongly encourage everyone to get involved as God leads. Here’s the best way to make an impact:
Remain in constant prayer for the survivors, families of victims, rescue workers, and volunteers risking their lives to pull people from their homes. Our God is still both sovereign and good. Pray that he will be glorified in the way his Church responds to the tragedy.
The financial impact of this storm is unprecedented. Families are arriving in shelters with virtually nothing. We encourage you to donate to organizations with the tools, experience, and expertise to serve effectively. This includes:
- Christ Fellowship Disaster Relief Fund: You can give online by clicking here. All donations will go directly to storm survivors and organizations serving them.
- Mission Regan is collecting supplies for first responders. Contact Courtney Willis at 214.577.1561 or Tyler Richardson at 214.901.2914 for more information about specific needs and where to give. Click here.
- The Salvation Army is looking for emergency items. Visit givesalvationarmy.org or call 1.800.725.2769 to make a donation.
- The Animal Defense League of Texas is organizing donations to animal shelters impacted by the storm. Visit ADLTexas.org for more information or call 210.655.1481.
- Convoy Of Hope: Disaster Services team are on the ground distributing emergency supplies. You can participate by giving or volunteering. Learn more.
- PayPal covers all transaction costs for donations made, ensuring that 100% of each gift made is available to charity. PayPal Giving Fund will provide the donation receipt for your gift. Learn more.
- Minuteman Disaster Response: The best way you can help those directly impacted by the hurricane is giving directly to Minuteman Disaster Response. All donations will go directly to relief efforts. You will be able to see the impact of your giving through the photos and videos they will post on their website and social media feeds.
If you’d like to roll up your sleeves and serve, here are list of organizations that are seeking volunteers:
- Red Cross: http://www.redcross.org/volunteer-interest-form
- Salvation Army: salvationarmyusa.org/usn/volunteer/
- Awaken My Church is mobilizing men and women across the country to provide relief to those affected by Hurricane Harvey in Houston and the Gulf Coast. Sign up to volunteer
- Convoy of Hope is ONLY taking volunteers within 2 hours of the affected area. However, if the need for volunteers increases substantially, the team may reach out to volunteers living outside of the area. Sign up to volunteer
- Mission Regan is gearing up for another busy week. Sign up to volunteer here: https://calendly.com/missionregan
Blood centers are anticipating shortages in the area, made worse by damage to the collection centers and blood banks. Click here to find an upcoming blood drive in Collin county.
Airbnb’s Disaster Response Program: Airbnb hosts can respond to crises in their community by offering housing to displaced neighbors and relief workers deployed to help. Learn more.
VETERAN ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICES
For more information about Veteran’s services within the areas impacted by Hurricane Harvey, visit www.blogs.va.gov/VAntage/40556/responding-needs-veterans-affected-hurricane-harvey/